Do you think learning how to pick a tubular lock on a washing machine is complicated? Tubular locks are more complex than regular padlocks. Since they are more secure, most washing machine coin boxes are equipped with tubular locks. But you don’t have to worry because there are ways to pick a washing machine lock.
This tutorial will teach you how to open laundry coin box without key. Aside from following the instructions, you only have to prepare the necessary items. As a warning, never pick the tubular lock on a washing machine if it’s not yours.
Table of Contents
What You Need for This Tutorial
To pick laundry machine lock, you must have the right tools. We provided the list of necessary tools to follow the tutorial without any inconvenience. You can buy them at the nearest hardware store or order online.
- Tubular lock pick – The needles and diameter of tubular lock picks may vary, so you must choose the right one. The picks can have 6, 7, or 8 pins inside. The most used tubular lock picks are those with 7 and 8 pins. In terms of diameter, the available is 7.0 mm, 7.5 mm, and 7.8 mm.
- If you are unsure what kind of tubular lock pick you need, you can purchase a set. Usually, one tubular lock pick set includes three picks with different needles and various diameters.
- Lock pick and tension wrench – Other tools that you can use are a lock pick and tension wrench. The method used to pick tubular locks with these tools is similar to ordinary ones. In choosing the lock pick and tension wrench, make sure they fit inside the tubular lock. Also, they must be durable enough.
If you don’t have an available lock pick and tension wrench, you can use paper clips as alternatives. For the pick, straighten one paper clip. As for the tension wrench, twist the paper clip to look like the letter “L”.
What to Do
1. By using tubular lock pick
- Step 1: Calibrate your tubular lock pick
As a reminder, your tubular pick’s needles and diameter must match the lock. Once you ensure that you have the right tubular lock, calibrate it by moving the metal ring. It will protrude the needles of the pick. Pressed the end of the lock pick at a hard surface to realign the needles.
- Step 2: Insert the pick into the lock
Gently insert the pick into the tubular lock. Make sure that you map the corresponding pin stacks carefully. Once you are done, twist the pick while applying moderate pressure. The lock will pop open.
After opening the lock, don’t forget to secure the pick wires in place since you can use it as a temporary key. If you need a replacement for your washing machine key, the lock pick is also helpful as a decoder. If this doesn’t work, recalibrate the pick lock or use another method.
2. By single pin picking
- Step 1: Insert the tension wrench, then press the pins
While applying light to moderate pressure, insert the tension wrench to the tubular lock. Keep the pressure until you have opened the lock. Next, press the pins individually to find the binding pin. You will hear a clicking sound, and the tension wrench will slightly move if you press the binding pin.
- Step 2: Continue pressing the pins until the lock opens
Continue pressing all the pins until the plug turns ⅛ inch. It will lock again because the key pins have realigned with the driver pins. You have to keep picking the pins until the lock completely turns and opens. This step may take a lot of time, but keep doing it until you pick the lock.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to pick a coin operated washing machine lock?
The best way to pick a coin operated washing machine lock is through single-pin picking. Since tubular locks may vary, using tubular lock picks doesn’t work all the time. However, single-pin picking requires more patience.
2. How can I replace my ESD coin box master key?
Because of security purposes, not all locksmiths will provide you with a replacement key for your ESD coin box. You must contact the distributor of the ESD coin box to provide you with a replacement key. You will need to present them with the code of your key.
Have you learned how to pick a tubular lock on a washing machine? Picking laundry machine locks may look complicated if you don’t know what to do. You also don’t need to drill or damage the tubular lock of the washing machine. Opening it with the right tools will help you save your problem without the need to destroy your lock. Therefore, we have garthed some relevant helful tips for you, such as how to pick a tubular lock with a ballpoint pen and how to safely drill a tubular lock in essensial case.
If you have some friends who need to pick the tubular locks of their washing machines, you can share this post with them. We also want to know how this tutorial helped you. Leave a comment below.
I am the last member to join Revolar and might be just the luckiest to work with dedicated people like Teddy and John. Our team has established a process where my only job is writing the best content to deliver incredible ideas and guides.