Feeling comfortable when you are at your home is one of the essentials in living a healthy life. With the Trane Thermostat, you can make sure that the temperature inside your house is cool and cozy.
However, people such as guests or even family members can meddle with the thermostat and throw off your preferred indoor temperature. In this guide, I will show you how to lock a Trane thermostat for a safe and comfortable home.
Table of Contents
Simple Way to Lock the Trane Thermostat
Before you learn how to unlock Trane thermostat, you first need to know how to lock it. First, you need to make sure that your Trane thermostat is in cool or heating mode using the manual.
- The Trane thermostat screen will show what mode your thermostat is on, which normally isn’t shown in old thermostats. Then, look for a picture of a locked padlock on the bottom left corner of the display.
- After locating the locked padlock, slide the position of the switch to “run”. The trane touchscreen will show a “Menu” button, where you have to press it.
- The trane touch screen thermostat will then show a “Next” button. In this step, you have to press and hold the “Next” button for 5 seconds.
- “Lock code” and “Set Code” will appear on the screen after pressing and holding the next button. Next, you have to press “OK” to proceed.
- In this juncture, you will be asked for a four-digit code that you will be setting for the thermostat. This will ensure your Trane thermostat locked when you need it to be, same as a Honeywell Thermostat.
- Utilize the buttons Up, Down, and Next to input the code for your thermostat. Make sure that the code that you have put in should be written down in case you forget.
- Pressing “OK” will activate the lock screen on Trane thermostat. To access the Trane Thermostat unlock screen, you have to press the four-digit code.
Note that when you lock your Trane thermostat, it will make menu access disabled. Sometimes, people prefer their Trane Mitsubishi thermostat locked since they have young children who can manipulate the thermostat.
How do I turn off the lock on my Trane thermostat?
After a long time where you did not need to change the settings on your thermostat, you may have forgotten the code to access it. It becomes frustrating that forgetting a single code won’t let you change the settings on your Trane thermostat.
However, there is a simple way to overcome this problem.
- First, locate the “+” and “-” buttons on your thermostat.
- After that, put a finger on the “+” button and another finger on the “-” button.
- Simultaneously press the two buttons and hold them for four to five seconds before releasing them.
Your trane thermostat should now be unlocked without the four-digit code.
How do I override my Trane thermostat?
When you learn how to lock your Trane thermostat, you should also know how to override it. Knowing how to override Trane thermostat will let you change the programmed schedule of the thermostat.
- To override your Trane thermostat, you have to press the up or down buttons twice.
- Then, choose the settings that you prefer using the left and right buttons.
- Next, use the up and down buttons to change the values of the temperature.
- Lastly, You can either press and hold the blank button for two seconds or you can wait for 10 seconds to save your preferred thermostat settings and exit.
In full-touchscreen Trane thermostat models, the “hold” button is usually on the button labeled “Hold”.
For semi-touchscreen models such as the TH6000 Honeywell thermostat, a physical “hold” button can be located on the right-hand side of the thermostat.
What is “hold” on the Trane thermostat?
Pressing the “Hold” button on your thermostat, such as the Trane TCONT802AS32DAA thermostat, will lock AC thermostat it’s currently in. This means that the temperature will stay all throughout the day.
If you want to return your thermostat to its programmed schedule, you can press run.
This lets your thermostat proceed with the preset temperatures you want inside your house at specific days and times.
Furthermore, if you are wondering about locking and unlocking thermostats from other brands, don’t hesitate to click these our guide:
- 2 Easy Methods to Lock Your Ecobee Thermostat
- Step-by-Step to Unlock Carrier Thermostat
- A Detailed Guide to Unlock a Honeywell Thermostat
Learning how to lock a Trane thermostat is a piece of cake. You just have to follow the aforementioned steps and you are good to go.
Locking your Trane thermostat will also avoid changes in temperature that do not fit your preference. A cool and cozy environment equates to a healthy and comfortable lifestyle!
I am the last member to join Revolar and might be just the luckiest to work with dedicated people like Teddy and John. Our team has established a process where my only job is writing the best content to deliver incredible ideas and guides.