We hustle day and night to support our family. But then, at the back of our minds, we are anxious that burglars will loot our valued possessions. Thanks to different types of combination locks that are there to help us out.
Buying a lock for your storage is not a simple task if you don’t know what kind to choose. With the help of technology and innovation, simple locks turned into high-sophisticated ones. If you want to have the best combination lock that will suit your needs, you have to check out their features. I provided a list of combination locks that you can consider.
|Desired Tools Padlock
|3.25 x 1.7 x 0.7 inches
|Alloy Steel, Metal, Zinc
|Master Lock 178D
|1 x 2 x 2.91 inches
|2.68 x 0.67 x 3.54 inches
Table of Contents
- Best Combination Lock Reviews
- 1. Desired Tools Padlock 4-Digit Combination Lock
- 2. Master Lock 178D Combination Padlock
- 3. SureLock TSA Compatible Travel Luggage Lock
- 4. Puroma 2-Pack Combination Lock
- 5. Master Lock 1535DWD Locker Lock
- 6. 2-Pack ZHEGE Padlock
- 7. Disecu 4-Digit Combination Lock
- 8. FortLocks Gym Locker Lock
- 9. Master Lock 1533TRI Locker Combination Padlock
- 10. Puroma Long Shackle Combination
- 11. Master Lock M175XDLF Combination Lock
- 12. Dshall 4 Digit Combination Disc Padlock
- What to Look for When Buying a Combination Lock
- Is a Key or Combination Lock Better
- Can You Break a Combination Lock
Best Combination Lock Reviews
1. Desired Tools Padlock 4-Digit Combination Lock
The 4-digit combination lock from Desired Tools gives us peace of mind while we are away or at work. Made of metal, zinc, and alloy steel, the thief will have difficulty breaking in. Also, the fact that it has 10,000 unique combinations makes it ten times longer to decode than 3-digit locks.
Aside from that, maneuvering and resetting your code is so simple and straightforward. If you want to reset the combination number, directly use your current number instead of the default 0-0-0-0.
During the winter, I used it as a lock for my gate, and amazingly, it did not jam even once after I chipped the ice. There was also no sign of rust even if the temperature outside was minus-zero. Its weatherproof feature makes it ideal as a combination lock for gate.
I also love the lock because it comes in distinct colors like green, red, or blue. Unlike other hard-to-find locks, this one quickly catches the eye, even at night. I usually misplace some of my locks because they camouflage with my other belongings. But, thanks to its bright color, I quickly find it all the time.
- Difficult to break in since its construction of alloy steel, metal, and zinc
- Offers 10,000 combinations making it difficult to decode
- Maneuvers and resets easily
- Weatherproof feature makes it useful for outdoor use
- Easily spotted because of a distinct color: green, red, blue
- Black raised arrow are challenging to locate at night
2. Master Lock 178D Combination Padlock
With its hardened steel shackle, the Master Lock 178D Combination Padlock is extra cut resistant. Any attempts from burglars to cut the lock will only end up in frustration.
In addition to that, the solid body makes it perfect as a school locker lock, gym lock, and gate lock. I tried measuring this padlock buid, and I found out that its body is 2 inches wide.
The package comes with a combination reset key. If you want to change the combination, insert the key. There’s no other way to reset the combination other than the reset key, so I suggest that you keep it in a safe place.
Designed for any weather, the combination lock with key is also reliable during scorching heat and zero-temperature winter. Surprisingly, it does not easily rust and corrode. Therefore, it is reliable for outdoor use. As for me, I use the lock as a chain lock for my bike.
- Includes an extra cut resistance feature with its hardened steel shackle
- Perfect as a school locker lock, gym lock, and gate lock
- Comes in combination and key lock
- Does not easily rust and corrode due to its weatherproof feature
- Reliable for outdoor use
- Manual has unclear instructions in setting the padlock combination
3. SureLock TSA Compatible Travel Luggage Lock
A perfect travel buddy that ensures security, SureLock’s TSA Compatible Travel Luggage Lock is a must-have. The harsh handling of luggage won’t bother you because of the ultra-tough alloy body of the lock.
This is the best combination lock I ever tried. I’ve been using it for almost three years, and there still is no sign of rusting or corrosion. What also prevents it from freezing up and hardening is its internal lock mechanism made of stainless steel.
I also loved its pop-up inspection indicator. Whenever the TSA inspects your luggage, expect that a button will pop up at the top of the cable lock. The purpose of the indicator is to remind you to check your luggage while you are in the airport to make sure that nothing is missing.
Also, if you are someone like me who has trouble with eye vision, the luggage lock is a great help. The dials are so easy to read since the numerals are in white while the background is black. You don’t need to waste your time looking for your eyeglasses.
- Comes with an ultra-tough alloy body that can handle harsh handling
- Includes an internal lock mechanism that prevents the lock from hardening
- Comprises of a pop-up inspection indicator
- Dials are easy to read
- Requires a lot of pressure when closing the lock
4. Puroma 2-Pack Combination Lock
Designed for convenience, Puroma 2-Pack Combination Lock provides easy storage. It is lightweight and easy to carry around. Besides that, its size and weight make it ideal as a school gym locker, sports locker, and storage lock.
Also, the side window design makes setting the combination an easy task. Unlike other locks that you need to use your two hands to enter the code; this one is different. You can enter the code with one hand only.
Concerning your locker’s security, a four-digit combination is one of its features. That means it offers 10,000 combinations. Thus, we are guaranteed high security for our houses that burglars can never break-in.
Amazingly, the package comes with two packs of 4-digit combination locks for lockers. They are made of zinc alloy, and they are black- a perfect gift for a friend or loved ones. I’ve given the freebies as a gift to my friends.
- Lightweight and easy to carry around
- Comes in a side window design that makes it easy to set the combination
- Offers 10,000 combinations
- Includes two packs of 4-digit combination locks as freebies
- Combination to open the lock is the same with numbers to close it
5. Master Lock 1535DWD Locker Lock
The Master Lock 1535DWD Locker Lock comes up with cool combination locks for lockers. Instead of numbers, the combination is in letters for easy recall. You will save yourself from standing awkwardly in front of your locker while remembering the combination. Furthermore, the dials are also not interchangeable.
Moreover, it has enhanced security against shimming. By the way, shimming is the opening of a lock by using a foreign object. In this case, the lock is designed to protect the latch assembly from shim tools, preventing the thief from opening it.
Using a coin at the bottom of the lock, you can easily reset the combination. The grip points also provide accurate dialing. In addition to that, the four-letter combination in the vertical dial offers thousands of possible word combinations.
One of the features I love about the locker’s combination locks is their availability in assorted colors. There are blue, light blue, black and pink. When it was delivered to my front door, I was thrilled after opening the package because the lock was in pink color. The color and the design were perfect as a combination lock for locker.
- Comes with a four-letter combination for easy recall
- Enhances security against shimming
- Provides accurate dialing with its grip points
- Available in cute colors and design: blue, light blue, black, and pink
- Not suitable for outdoor use
6. 2-Pack ZHEGE Padlock
Enjoy the keyless convenience offered by 2-Pack ZHEGE Padlock. By following six easy steps, anyone can set the combination. Aside from that, the programmable combination lock includes big numbers and a unique side window and design. So senior citizens won’t have a hard time reading and realigning the numbers.
I also don’t have to worry about the lock’s durability since it comes in a sturdy, zinc alloy body. The hardened steel shackle also made it strong and solid. I’ve been using mine for years, and it works perfectly well.
If you are concerned with its security, the lock has thousands of combinations, making it difficult to crack. I tried using the lock for my gate, and the good news is, no burglar had ever broken it while I am away for vacation.
Also, the lock is reliable for outdoor use. Designed with an anti-rust treatment and waterproof feature, it can stand even in the harshest weather in countries like the UK. You can use it for your backyard gate, outdoor fence gate, sheds, and garage doors.
- Sets the personal combination easily
- Comes in a sturdy, zinc alloy body
- Offers thousands of combinations, making it hard to crack
- Designed with an anti-rust treatment and waterproof feature
- Cannot lock it with one hand only
7. Disecu 4-Digit Combination Lock
Compared to the short shackles, Disecu 4-digit combination lock comes in a high shackle to provide more uses. The length of the shackle is 2.5 inches. Thus, it is a perfect fit for luggage, school locker, gym locker, fence, gate, and storage.
Regarding its durability, the lock is made of high-strength, hardened steel and alloy to protect it against hammering, sawing, or prying. Because of its premium material, the lock is suitable for outdoor use.
Besides that, its small volume makes it lightweight and hand-size. You can carry it without any hassle, and you can also store it wherever you want. The weight of the lock is only 0.5 ounce with a diameter of ¼ inch.
You can also set your combination locks by setting the default code then pulling up the shackle. Then rotate it to the code setting gap and push the shackle down. Keep the tiny pin inside the gap while rotating the shackle to the code line. After that, scroll the dials to set your combination, then turn the shackle back to the setting notch until it pops up.
- Comes in high shackle ideal for luggage, school locker, gym locker, and gate
- Consists of hardened steel and alloy as protection against hammering and sawing
- Volume makes it lightweight and hand-size
- Sets your combination locks with avaiable maunuals
- Instructions at the packaging differ from the user manual
8. FortLocks Gym Locker Lock
A durable and secure combination lock for gym lockers is now available with the help of the FortLocks Gym Locker Lock. Made of special high-strength alloy lock bodies and hardened steel shackles, no burglar would want to mess with it. In addition, it comes with a patented internal mechanism, making it unbreakable and uncuttable.
The resettable combination lock also provides easy steps to set your coded combinations. By just following the instructions and dialing the code, you can open the lock in seconds. The numbers are also easy to read.
Furthermore, the lock is designed to resist all weather conditions. With its anti-rust and anti-freeze features, it is suitable even for outdoor uses. I’ve been using mine for months now, and it still looks great despite the cold weather.
The good news is, the gym locker lock is not only limited as a lock for gym lockers, but it has multiple uses. You can use it in your home, storage, storage, gate, shed, fence, garage, gun case, and toolbox.
- Comes in special high strength alloy lock bodies and hardened steel shackles
- Includes easy resettable combination feature
- Resists all weather conditions
- Offers multiple uses: storage, storage, gate, shed, fence, garage, gun case, …
- Combination keys are made of plastic
9. Master Lock 1533TRI Locker Combination Padlock
Cute and durable, Master Lock 1533 TRI Locker Lock Mini Combination Padlock provides teens with safety for their bags, backpacks, and lockers. By featuring an anodized aluminum cover and steel shackle, the lock ensures strength and security.
What I love the most about the lock is it being a three-digit combination lock for an easy call. The same combination opens all three locks included in the package. With this, you don’t have to memorize more codes and digits.
The long shackle made of steel also protects the lock against cutting and sawing. The diameter of the shackle is 5 mm, while its length is 17 mm. Buyers should note that it is smaller than other combination locks since it is for indoor use only.
Aside from that, the bright metallic color of the locks simplifies locker identification. It is available in blue, purple and red. The small combo locks provide convenience, especially when setting the codes.
- Offers strength and security with its anodized aluminum cover and steel shackle
- Comes in a three-digit combination for easy to recall
- Protects the lock against cutting and sawing
- Simplifies locker identification through the bright metallic color
- Limited only to lockers, backpack, and bags
10. Puroma Long Shackle Combination
Another widely-used high shackle is made available by the Puroma 2-Pack 2.6 Inch Long Shackle Combination. With ¼ inches of shackle diameter, this lock is ideal for school gym locker, sports locker, toolbox, and case.
Aside from that, I enjoy the security it offers. IN detail, this high-security combination lock is made of high-strength zinc alloy and heavy-duty carbon steel, which protects against hammering, sawing, and prying.
Furthermore, the combination is also resettable. With its keyless feature, I don’t have to bother with having a key to open the lock. Instead, you can set your combination through the numeric combination design offered by the lock. The instructions are also easy to follow.
I also like the freebies that come with the package. The two packs of four-digit resettable combination locker locks are perfect gifts for a loved one and personal uses. I’ve kept them in case I will need them in the future.
- Perfect for school gym locker, sports locker, toolbox, and case.
- Made of high strength zinc alloy and heavy-duty carbon steel
- Sets your combination through the numeric combination design
- Includes two packs of four-digit resettable combination locker locks
- Not ideal for outdoor use
11. Master Lock M175XDLF Combination Lock
Maximum security is now available with the Master Lock M175XDLF Heavy Duty Outdoor Combination Lock. It is a heavy-duty combination padlock that is ideal for use as a house’s gate lock, shed lock, and storage lock. Its durability makes it effective even during heavy services.
With its zinc body and reinforced body bumper, expect strength and reliability. Not only that, its shackle seal and covered dial can also stand up to any weather condition. Thus, I find it useful for outdoor use. Besides that, a directional dial feature is also included for low and light applications.
Furthermore, the master lock’s shackle is made of tough-cut octagonal boron-carbide, which is 50 percent stronger than rigid steel. It is also a relief that the roller pin cylinder makes the lock pick and pry-resistant.
The master lock four-digit combination is also easy to set and reset since no combination tool is required. The user manual also provides straightforward instruction. It only took me some minutes to set and reset the combination.
- Provides maximum security with its durability
- Includes zinc body and reinforced body bumper perfect for outdoor use
- Offers pick and pry resistance features
- Requires no combination tool to set and reset the lock
- Rubber flap is flimsy and loose
12. Dshall 4 Digit Combination Disc Padlock
Experience the convenience and security offered by Dshall 4-digit combination disc padlock. With its circular design and minimally exposed bolt, it is very safe from burglars who cut hardened steel deadbolts.
Aside from that, the lock is effortless to operate. By turning the change screw counter-clockwise, you can set your own combination locks. Like other 4-digit combination locks, this one also offers 10,000 combinations. With this, thieves would have a more challenging time cracking the code.
Because of the safety it provides, the combination disc lock is widely used in Uhaul trailers, POD, storage lockers, garages, and gates. What I love about this combination lock for storage unit is that it can handle heavy use. The body of the lock is very sturdy and durable.
What’s more impressive is its reliable outdoor use. The anti-freeze and anti-corrosion features won’t disappoint you even after bad weather. Fortunately, I cannot find any rust in my lock, and it works perfectly well. Thus, it is an ideal combination lock for outdoors.
- Exposes bolt minimally because of its circular design
- Lock is easy to operate
- Widely used in Uhaul trailers, POD, storage lockers, garages, and gates
- Includes anti-freeze and anti-corrosion for outdoor use
- A sharp area can cut your finger
What to Look for When Buying a Combination Lock
In choosing a combination lock, durability is essential. You never want to change a combination lock now and then. Always check the product material to ensure durability. In truth, A high-quality combination lock should be metal-made.
Choose the most secure combination lock that includes features against shimming and hammering to ensure your security. Also, look for a lock that is difficult to crack the code, which should support four digits or four letters and more.
Is a Key or Combination Lock Better
The keyless convenience that the best combination padlock offers is much better than a lock with a key. If you lose your key, you won’t have any other way to open the lock. In contrast, a combination lock is convenient since you can reset the code for easy recall.
A key lock is more secure than a combination lock since it is only accessible with a key. But a combination lock is accessible with a key and a code. Moreover, thieves can override the code.
Can You Break a Combination Lock
A commercial-grade combination padlock can be easily broken by cracking the code, shimming, or hammering. So it is vital to choose a combination lock that offers security and durability.
When choosing a combination lock, we must always look for the best. This in-depth review provides you with details for you to know the available locks in the market and the features of the best combination lock. A wise choice will ensure your security while you are inside and outside your home. Your preference will always matter.
I am the last member to join Revolar and might be just the luckiest to work with dedicated people like Teddy and John. Our team has established a process where my only job is writing the best content to deliver incredible ideas and guides.