From a typical deadbolt lock, door locks turned into highly sophisticated ones such as magnetic door locks for home. However, choosing the best electromagnetic door locks may be challenging.
In determining the right door locks for home security, there are features that you have to take into consideration. These features must be a must-have so you can enjoy your security even when you are away from your home. Here are the features that you must look for:
- Type: There are two types of locks that you can choose from: the fail-safe lock or the fail-secure lock. A fail-safe lock automatically unlocks in case there is a power outage and keeps people from being trapped. A fail-secure lock, on the other hand, will remain locked despite the absence of electricity.
- Holding Force: A holding force can range from 60 kilograms to 545 kilograms. If you use locks for small doors like cabinets and drawers, you can use those that have lower holding force. But if the lock is intended for commercial use, opt for the stronger holding force.
- Compatibility with the door: Some locks are made for specific kinds of doors. However, there are locks that can fit a wooden, metal, glass, or fireproof door. These kinds of locks are good replacements.
The list below includes the best electromagnetic locks that are available in the market. Each of them has its own features that are useful for different kinds of needs and situations. You can refer to the buying guide so you can choose wisely.
Table of Contents
- Best Electromagnetic Door Lock Reviews
- 1. AGPtek Holding Force Electric Magnetic Lock
- 2. Visionis FPC-5192 Indoor Electromagnetic Lock
- 3. Fugest Electromagnetic Lock
- 4. Visionis Electromagnetic Lock for Door
- 5. COUNS Single Door Electromagnetic Lock
- 6. Seco-Larm Electromagnetic Lock
- 7. Supreform Magnetic Door Lock
- 8. Erokku Electric Magnetic Door Lock
- 9. AUTENS Electric Magnetic Door Lock
- 10. FUGEST Electric Magnetic Lock
- 11. FUZADEL Electromagnetic Lock
- 12. MENGQI-CONTROL Electric Magnetic Lock
- What to Look for When Buying Electromagnetic Door Locks
- How Strong are Electromagnetic Door Locks
Best Electromagnetic Door Lock Reviews
1. AGPtek Holding Force Electric Magnetic Lock
The AGPtek Holding Force Electric Magnetic Lock offers security for every home by providing protection through its 130 lbs force. The lock is usually installed near the top of the door frame so that it can ensure that the door is closed and locked.
I also love to use this lock because it is very safe to use with its spike suppressor. Aside from that, the lock is very useful in different kinds of doors. From my experience, it can work on a wooden door, a glass door, and a metal door. I was hesitant since the doors in my house differed in type. However, after installation, they worked properly.
When it comes to installation, it is easy since everything I needed is already in this best electromagnetic door lock kit. Aside from the magnetic door lock, it also includes the armature faceplate, mounting hardware kit, and a manual.
2. Visionis FPC-5192 Indoor Electromagnetic Lock
With a 600 lbs holding force, the Visionis FPC-5192 Indoor Electromagnetic Lock prevents any incident of forced entry. I don’t have to stay awake in the middle of the night even with the slightest noise because I have assurance that no burglar can enter my home.
The lock includes an LED light to indicate the status of the lock. When it is green, it means that the door is unlocked. But if it turns red, this means that the door is locked.
The lock is also durable with its blue zinc plating that has an anti-rust surface treatment. Despite a year of usage, it does not have a sign of rusting.
When it comes to price, this electromagnetic lock is not costly. At first, I thought that it would cost me much because of its features and quality. Surprisingly, I purchased it at an affordable price.
3. Fugest Electromagnetic Lock
Designed for access control single door, the Fugest Electromagnetic Lock also comes with a 600 lbs holding force. I’ve tried its holding force by pushing the door, and amazingly it held like cement.
Also, a friend of mine purchased this for the entrance of his commercial building, and it works great even though it is used 30 to 40 times a day. There was no failure or any problem encountered every day.
I also found that it has a built-in reverse current protection device that includes a metal oxide varistor or MOV. The good thing about MOV is that it can protect the lock from inordinate transient voltages. Furthermore, the lock has a corrosion-resistance feature.
In terms of installation, I finished it with ease since the procedure is straightforward. I did not need any manual or check online to know how it would work. The only process that may take some time is lining up the striking plate to the magnet.
4. Visionis Electromagnetic Lock for Door
Since I needed an electromagnetic lock with a strong holding force for my retail business, I tried Visionis Electromagnetic Lock for Door Access Control. Surprisingly, it came with a holding force that was up to 1,200 pounds.
Aside from that, knowing whether the door is locked or not is made easier with the LED light. I never forget to leave the door unlocked because the clear light shows if the door is engaging or not. Upon installation, I discovered that this electromagnetic lock was easier to install compared to other normal magnetic locks.
With all of the features it offers, I purchased the lock for a very reasonable price. I was expecting less from it since it was not costly, but it performed way beyond my expectations. Having this lock in my retail business is a very good deal.
5. COUNS Single Door Electromagnetic Lock
When it comes to durability, COUNS Single Door Electromagnetic Lock is a good choice. With its waterproof and anti-acid features, I don’t worry if the lock is exposed to moisture or any liquid matter. Also, the lock includes an anti-rust treatment and anti-abrasion feature.
Not only that, but the lock also has a strong magnetic force that reaches up to 280 kg. Also, the good thing about this lock is that it complies with public security and environmental requirements. If I want to install it for commercial use, I won’t have to replace it with other locks since it can pass any safety inspection.
After making a comparison with the prices of other electromagnetic locks, I found out that this lock was only ⅓ or ¼ of their prices. I really saved a lot while enjoying the kind of quality that I can have with magnetic locks that have higher costs.
6. Seco-Larm Electromagnetic Lock
A lock that comes with a 1,200 lbs holding force, Seco-Larm Electromagnetic Lock is highly dependable. The lock is so tight that no tricks and strong force could open the door, which guarantees the safety of one’s home.
I am not a tech-savvy person, so the electronic door lock with remote control really works for me. It can also be released manually. I don’t have to download any applications or bring my smartphone with me to open the lock.
Aside from that, the package includes all the mounting hardware needed for the installation. I don’t have to spend my time looking for any mounting hardware that will fit the lock.
Although the lock is suitable for indoor use only, I had a little experiment and tried installing it as a garden gate lock. And to my surprise, it worked properly. I just covered the wires and sealed the edges of the unit.
7. Supreform Magnetic Door Lock
Equipped with a waterproof feature, the Supreform Magnetic Door Lock is suitable for outdoor use since the electronic components are secured by an electronic sealant. The 600 lbs holding force is also enough to secure my backyard, especially when I am at work or on vacation.
When it comes to the installation, I finished it after a short time since the procedures in the manual are easy to follow and the materials needed for the installation are already in the package. I did not need to visit the store and look for some hardware.
It also works as a universal lock that is fitted to various kinds of doors and gates made of metals and wood. Also, it comes with an SPDT relay that transfers a signal to lock and unlock the gate. This kind of lock is also a fail-safe device.
8. Erokku Electric Magnetic Door Lock
Packed with safety features, Erokku Electric Magnetic Door Lock is highly reliable to use in the house. It is equipped with the highest quality of copper that prevents the lock from burning out due to intensive use. Also, it comes with a surge and spike protector PCB in case an electric surge occurs.
Furthermore, the fail-safe lock complies with NFPA 101 Life Safety Code. It has a push-off button, a quick release, and an interconnection to a system.
The lock can also last for a long time since it can resist corrosion and it has an anti-rust surface treatment. Tampering is also not a problem since the lock comes with anti-tamper jam nuts. When it comes to reliability, the lock has a 600 lbs holding force. It can also fit in different types of doors such as those that are fireproof, wood, metal, and glass.
9. AUTENS Electric Magnetic Door Lock
After looking for a lock for my cabinet, I found the Autens Electric Magnetic Door Lock. It is designed for small doors like drawers, shopping cabinets, and file cabinets. I find this very useful, especially when it comes to securing my belongings.
Despite its size, the lock has a holding force that reaches up to 60 kg. Since its holding force is highly reliable, I am not hesitant to hide my jewelry and savings in the cabinet. Any burglar would have difficulty opening the cabinet door.
I also don’t have to concern myself when the electricity spikes since the lock has a built-in voltage spike suppressor. This can save the lock from overvoltage that may result in severe damage.
The installation is also not that complicated because I only had to unfold it and install everything. The package also comes with a useful and comprehensive manual that helps me throughout the process.
10. FUGEST Electric Magnetic Lock
Another lock to secure homes, FUGEST Electric Magnetic Lock is a fail-safe device that unlocks when there is no power to prevent the owner of the house from being trapped in case of emergencies, such as fire or any natural disaster.
The lock can also prevent forcible entry with its 60 kg holding force. Also, it can fit doors like a fireproof door, a wooden door, a glass door, and a metal door. The lock has a built-in voltage spike suppressor to prevent any serious damage.
Moreover, the lock is very durable since it is made of stainless steel. I also don’t encounter any problems during the installation because the procedures are very easy and all the materials I need are already included in the package.
11. FUZADEL Electromagnetic Lock
As long as the door has a frame, FUZADEL Electromagnetic Lock can fit into it. I don’t have any problem installing it on any kind of doors, such as metal doors, glass doors, and wooden doors.
In terms of holding force, the lock is capable of holding up to 280 kg. It is also one of the best door locks for rental property because it can keep homes secure from burglary.
Because the lock is made of aluminum, it has a high strength material that has undergone hard anodized processing that prevents wearing, corrosion, and temperature effects. Through this process, the material is made harder.
I usually use a remote control to open the lock, though there are times that I prefer the push button. Also, it has an unfolding installation, which saves a lot of time and energy when setting up.
12. MENGQI-CONTROL Electric Magnetic Lock
Aside from being a fail-safe lock, MENGQI-CONTROL Single Door Electric Magnetic Lock has a strong holding force that reaches up to 600 lbs. It can be used for commercial and public buildings because of its reliability.
When it comes to durability, the strike structure is made of stainless steel while the lock has an anodized aluminum housing. Unlike other locks that easily wear and tear, this one can last for a long time and still work in a good condition.
Moreover, the lock is also a good replacement for any type of single door. It can fit doors that are made of wood, metal, glass, and fireproof. I’ve bought two of these and installed each of them on a glass and metal door. As of now, they are both working perfectly. The lock also comes with an LED light which helps in indicating the status.
What to Look for When Buying Electromagnetic Door Locks
Before purchasing an electromagnetic lock, there are factors that you must first take into consideration to prevent buying locks that are low in quality. You may cause danger to yourself and your family otherwise. Here are the factors that you must take note of:
- Security of the Lock. The lock should provide the security that you and your family need. Make sure that it has a strong holding force that will prevent any forcible entry. If the lock is intended for commercial use, choose a lock that has a 545 kg holding force, but if it is for cabinets, you can settle for 60 kg.
- Durability of the Lock. Choose a lock that is made of strong materials. Also, it would be better if it has an anti-corrosion feature and has undergone anti-rust surface treatment. There are also locks that have built-in voltage spike suppressors to prevent any damage.
- Convenience of the Lock. As much as possible, purchase a lock that is easy to install, especially if it is your first time. There are locks that are straightforward and don’t require complicated procedures. It is also better if the materials needed for the installation are already included in the package.
- Price of the Lock. There are available electromagnetic locks in the market that are offered at affordable prices but also have the same quality as those that have higher prices. It would be better if you would also compare the prices. If they have the same quality, choose the more affordable one.
How Strong are Electromagnetic Door Locks
The standard holding forces of an electromagnetic door lock are 600 lbs (272 kg) and 1,200 lbs (545 kg). However, there are locks that only have a 60 kilograms holding force, but these are typically used for cabinets and drawers.
The best electromagnetic door locks are very useful in keeping your family safe and secure. Aside from that, you can also use them for your business or other commercial use. However, you must first take into consideration all of their features so that you can have the right lock and prevent any waste of money, time, and energy.