Our home security is always one of our top priorities. With the range of Schlage locks on the market, we can surely enjoy the day outside or sleep soundly, knowing we are safe and well secured.
But there might be instances when we need our Schlage lock reset and restored to the factory setting to optimize its use and for our peace of mind.
You have landed here, probably pondering on the idea and wondering how to reset a Schlage door lock. Stick with us as we guide you on the process, with our quick and easy step-by-step procedures below.
Table of Contents
Reminder Before You Start Resetting Code on Schlage Lock
Factory default reset will wipe out all data saved in the unit. All existing user codes, pairings, and other devices will not work and will no longer be recognized by the lock.
Prepare the default programming code and user codes before any attempt to restore to the original factory settings and reprogram the Schlage lock. The codes are either on the back or front of the User Guide that came with the unit you received.
As a backup, there is a sticker with the default codes on the lock’s interior itself; an easy and quick disassembly is needed to locate it. You might need a screwdriver to open and get it in some units.
Do not try to factory reset without code. Schlage Customer Service will not be able to provide or retrieve any lost default codes.
How to Reset Schlage Encode Smart Wifi Locks
- Remove the battery panel cover.
- Press the reset button; the black button on the right of the thumb turns inside your lock.
Keep pressing the button until the red LED light stops blinking (it usually takes more or less 8 seconds).
- Wait for the LED light to flash to a steady blue (typically takes 10 seconds.
- The process to reset Schlage encode keypad lock is now complete.
How to Reset Sense Smart and Connect Smart Locks
- Take off the battery panel cover.
- Disconnect your lock’s battery.
- Tap and hold the “Schlage” button on the front panel of the lock.
- Simultaneously, reconnect the battery while still holding on to the “Schlage” button on the front panel.
- Let go of the “Schlage” button.
A check mark will flash three times if the lock’s reset process is successful.
- Press the “Schlage” button and enter any of the default user codes to confirm.
The lock will do a setup routine. Observe the bolt’s movement until it stops, confirming the completion of the Schlage smart lock reset process.
How to Reset Schlage Keypad Lock Models and Schlage Touch Keyless Touchscreen
- Take off the panel cover and the battery.
- Power down the lock by disconnecting the battery.
- Press the “Schlage” button once.
- Note: Make sure it will not take more than 10 seconds to complete Step 4 to Step 6, or you will need to start over again.
- Quickly reconnect the battery.
The LED indicator will light up, flashing green for a second.
- Tap and hold the “Schlage” button until it flashes green and creates a beeping sound.
- Enter any of the default user codes.
If it has unlocked successfully, you can then change the programming code of your preference and add more user codes.
If it does not work and will not unlock, go back and start from step 3.
|The lock is no longer responsive but has a working battery.||Possibly because of some issue with the internal workings, resetting might clear the unit and do the fix.|
|You are getting a red light or an X, even after entering the correct user codes.||The lock might have been dead for quite a long time, and the codes might have been erased or a sign of altered programming code, so resetting and reprogramming are needed.|
|You forgot the programming code.||Restore it to the default code and reprogram.|
|You move the lock from one door to another, or you have moved to a new house.||Reset Schlage lock code for security and peace of mind.|
|You want to clear and delete all users and unpair all devices connected to the lock.||Reset and reprogram.|
|You are using an Apple Homekit and want to move the lock or add an Android device.||Restoring to factory default setting is necessary to pair the lock again to the Schlage Home app thru the Schlage system.|
With all the convenience and security these electronic and smart locks provide, we should well know how we can use them in the best possible way, and always be on top as much as possible, no matter what.
Whether we quickly access our locks with a key, with just a tap, or with our voice, knowing how to reset a Schlage door lock is valuable information for Schlage lock owners, which comes in handy in case unexpected circumstances arise.
Taking note of the steps, tips, and reminders, we can be at ease, knowing our locks stay safe and secure.
I am the last member to join Revolar and might be just the luckiest to work with dedicated people like Teddy and John. Our team has established a process where my only job is writing the best content to deliver incredible ideas and guides.