It is not practical anymore to hide locks under pots and mats since burglars and intruders are very much aware of these hiding spots. Fortunately, the best realtor key lock box is now available in the market, providing a secure place to hide keys and valuables.
Although these lock boxes aim to keep valuables safe, there are still some brands that are better than others. So if it is your first time getting a realtor key lock box, make sure that you have the right realtor lock box in your hand.
Before rushing to get a lock box, you must first evaluate the features that will work for you and will satisfy your needs. Every lock box has a specific feature that it offers. You should not only pick what is the most affordable in the market but what is also best for you. Here are some of the features that you need to know first:
- Capacity: Lock boxes have different capacities. Some of them can fit up to five keys while others can accommodate up to ten keys. There are also lock boxes that are large enough that you can even put your business cards, credit cards, and USB drives inside.
- Security: Some locks are made of durable materials that can withstand prying, hammering, drilling, and sawing. Other locks have additional safety features such as alarms, decoy security codes, and lockout mode.
- Technology: There are now available smart locks that can be used through smartphones. These lockboxes can automatically send codes to the guests and share the access through Bluetooth. Some locks can be opened using dials and keypads.
The realtor key lock boxes included in this list are some of the top-rated in the market. They have different features, and they also work best in specific environments and situations. To help you pick the right realtors key box, a buying guide is also included in this review.
|Top||Product name||Lock Type||Capacity||Material|
|1||Master Lock 5424D||Light Up Dial||6 Key||Metal||Details|
|2||Kingsley Guard-a-Key||Combination||5 Keys||Metal||Details|
|3||Key Lock Box LB-003||Combination, Key||_||Plastic, Metal||Details|
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Realtor Key Lock Box Reviews
- 1. Master Lock 5424D Portable Lock Box
- 2. Kingsley Guard-a-Key Black Realtor’s Box
- 3. 321 Locks Key Lock Box LB-003
- 4. Rudy Run Key Lock Box for Outside
- 5. Master Lock Lock Box Portable Key Safe
- 6. Iron Lock – Key Lock Box
- 7. Igloohome Keybox 3 Smart Lock Box
- 8. Lion Locks 1500 Key Storage Realtor Lock Box
- 9. Kingsley Key Lock Box – Guard-a-Key
- 10. KeyGuard SL-590 Punch Button Key Storage
- What to Look for When Buying a Realtor Key Lock Box
- What Kind of Locks Do Realtors Use
- What is the Code to Open a Realtor Lock Box
- Can You Break Into a Realtor Lock Box
Top 10 Realtor Key Lock Box Reviews
1. Master Lock 5424D Portable Lock Box
Installation is easy with Master Lock’s 5424D Portable Lock Box with Light Up Dials. The shackle is detachable from the realtor key lockbox. During the installation, I pulled the shackle release button and pulled the shackle out of the lock box. After that, I placed the shackle around the doorknob and reconnected the shackle and the lock box.
I also don’t struggle to dial up my combination, even at night, since the dials light up automatically when the weather cover is opened. This immediately provides me with better visibility. Aside from that, I also don’t have to wear my eyeglasses since the numbers are also large so they are easy to read.
What I also love about the lock box is that I can use it both indoor and outdoor. It has a weather cover that protects it from heavy rain. Aside from that, it includes a metal body that makes it durable.
Furthermore, the lock box is wide enough to fit six keys, and the lever has a large opening, which makes it easier to use. I also don’t find it difficult to use the key lock box. It can fit various styles of doorknobs such as tulips, biscuits, and balls.
- Shackle is detachable from the lock box
- Dials light up automatically when the weather cover is opened
- Includes weather cover against heavy rain
- Metal body for durability
- Can fit up to six keys; the lever has a large opening
- Can fit various styles of doorknobs such as tulip, biscuit, and ball
- Difficult to take the lock box from the packaging
- Hard to remove the instruction from the shackle
2. Kingsley Guard-a-Key Black Realtor’s Box
Kingsley Guard-a-Key Black Realtor’s Box is presented in a contemporary style, camouflaging it from burglars. It is also coated in vinyl, which prevents the lock box from making scratches to the door.
Although it may look small from the outside, it has a larger capacity that can fit over five keys. I used this one for one of my rental properties, and those who have large families find it practical to use since each one of them can place their car keys, house keys, and storage keys inside the lock box.
Amazingly, I can reset the combination of the lock box as much as I want to. Since my tenants change from time to time, I had to alter the combination many times. Even though I am resetting it all the time, the lock box still works perfectly. I just needed to take note of the new combinations.
The lock box is also convenient to use because of its side-opening door. It makes the keys easier to access. It is not only useful for rental properties. I also installed it on my gates.
- Presented in a contemporary style, camouflaging it from burglars
- Coated in vinyl, which prevents the lock box from making scratches to the door
- Has a large capacity that can fit over five keys
- Can reset the combination many times
- Includes a side-opening door for easier access
- Can be installed on gates
- Mark for lining up the numbers to unlock is difficult to find
3. 321 Locks Key Lock Box LB-003
With the security it provides, 321 Locks Key Lock Box LB-003 is a reliable key lock box for airbnb. This is where I keep the keys for the guests when I am busy meeting them and attending to their needs. What I love about this real estate lock box is that its design is subtle, making it difficult to notice.
One of the problems I have with lock boxes is that they almost disintegrate when unlocked. The good thing about this lock box is that its front opening keeps the lock together and makes it hang on the doorknob even after it is opened.
Also, the shackle and the lock are attached to a metal and a high-impact plastic, which makes them more durable. I also noticed that there is no sign of rust despite my long and frequent usage of the lock box.
Since my guests change from time to time, I needed a lock box whose combination is easy to reset. Luckily, resetting the combination of this lock box is a breeze. I only had to follow the enclosed instructions that are included in the package. The procedures are also straightforward.
- Comes with a subtle design, making it difficult to notice
- Front opening keeps the lock together even after it is opened
- Shackle and lock are attached to a metal and a high-impact plastic
- No sign of rust despite the long and frequent usage
- Easy to change combination with straightforward procedures
- The dials are stiff and require some effort while turning them
4. Rudy Run Key Lock Box for Outside
After looking for a realtors lock box that I could install for my office, I found the Rudy Run Key Lock Box. This lock box is specifically designed for outdoor use. It has a protective cover that secures the dials from harsh elements like sunlight, snow, and rain.
The lock is also made of durable materials like aluminum alloy and stainless steel. I have been using it for almost a year, and I noticed that the lock box has not corroded. Aside from that, it is so sturdy that it cannot be unlocked by prying, sawing, and hammering.
Furthermore, the lock box has enough space so I can also put my credit cards and USB drives inside. I did not have to go to my office every time I needed to give some files to my secretary. I only had to leave my USB drive inside the lock box.
I also didn’t find it hard to install the lock box since everything that I needed was already included in the package. It came with mounting hardware with all the necessary screws and nylon expansion plugs. All I had to do was to insert the screws and nylon expansion plugs and drill them to the wall.
- Includes protective cover that secures the dials from harsh elements
- Made of durable materials like aluminum alloy and stainless steel
- Cannot be unlocked by prying, sawing, and hammering
- Has enough space for credit cards and USB drives
- Comes with mounting hardware — screws and nylon expansion plugs
- Numbers are difficult to read
5. Master Lock Lock Box Portable Key Safe
When it comes to my household, I use the Master Lock Lock Box Electronic Portable Key Safe. It is ideal for personal use because of the free iOS and Android Master Lock Vault Home app. I also have an option to upgrade it for business purposes for an additional fee.
Even without a Wi-Fi connection, I can share temporary access with my relatives through Bluetooth and keypad code. I can also schedule when the lock box can be accessed. This prevents an uninvited guest from entering my house without my permission.
I can also check the history, registration, and lock and unlock activity of the lock box. The app also sends an update if someone is trying to tamper with the device and if the lock’s battery is already running low.
In addition to that, the body of the lock box includes a weather-resistant feature. I also love the fact that the lock box has plenty of room to fit numerous keys inside. This is where I keep all of the keys needed by each family member.
- Includes free iOS and Android Master Lock Vault Home app for personal use
- Can be upgraded for business purposes for an additional fee
- Shares temporary access and schedules when the lock box can be accessed
- Monitors the history, registration, and lock and unlock activity easily
- Sends update if someone is trying to tamper with it and if the battery is low
- Comes with a weather-resistant feature and can fit numerous keys inside
- Had to stand near the lock box while programming it
6. Iron Lock – Key Lock Box
I use the Iron Lock-Key Lock Box on one of my rental properties near the beach. Most of the realtor combination lock boxes I installed on the fence accumulated rust. So far, this lock has no sign of rust because it comes with a protective weather cover that safeguards the lock box from eroding caused by water, salt, and sand.
In addition to that, the lock box is made of zinc alloy that protects it from thieves who use flame, drill, hammer, and saw in opening the lock. Aside from that, it has a protective layer that prevents the lock box from scratching the door.
I struggled to look for a lock box that would fit the fence of my property since it is very wide. The good thing about this lock box is that it has a removable shackle that can be placed even on oversized fences like mine.
When it comes to setting the code, it is very easy. I only had to enter the default code of the lock box, which is 0-0-0-0, then push the reset lever. After that, I enter my password and push the rest lever.
- Comes with a protective weather cover that prevents the lock box from eroding
- Resistant against flaming, drilling, hammering, and sawing
- Includes a protective layer that prevents the lock box from scratching the door
- Has a removable shackle that can be placed on oversized fences
- Easy to set the code
- Numbers on the combination are too small
7. Igloohome Keybox 3 Smart Lock Box
Designed to make life easier, Igloohome’s Keybox 3 Smart Lock Box is a perfect smart lockbox for realtors. After I synced the lock box with my Airbnb’s booking calendar, I did not have to contact my guests to give them pin numbers since the lock box would automatically send them the codes.
The smart key lock box also comes with AlgoPins technology, which makes it possible for me to create the type of PIN that I want even without an internet connection. Amazingly, there are different types of PINs that I can choose from, such as one-time use pins, recurring pins, duration pins, and permanent pins.
In addition, the lock box is packed with security features. It has a decoy security code that prevents my password from being hacked. Also, once a burglar attempts to open the lock with an invalid pin five times, it will automatically turn into security lockout mode. It also has a security alarm that beeps every time it is not closed properly.
I also love the lock box because it has two different shackles, which enable me to attach it to a doorknob, fence, handle and latch. I also have the option to mount it to the wall whenever I want to.
- Lock box automatically sends codes once synced with Airbnb’s booking calendar
- Comes with AlgoPins technology that includes different types of PINs
- Can create any type of PIN even without an internet connection
- Packed with security features like decoy security code, lockout mode, and alarm
- Includes two different shackles
- Manual has no explanation of how the system works
8. Lion Locks 1500 Key Storage Realtor Lock Box
The best way to hide a lock without ruining the look of the front house is through the Lion Locks 1500 Key Storage Realtor Lock Box. With its small body design and black color, the lock box hangs sophisticatedly on my doorknob.
At first, I was hesitant because the lock box looked smaller than what I needed. I was wondering if it could fit the keys used by each member of my family. But I found out that despite the fact that it is compact, the lock box can still accommodate up to five small or standardized keys.
The installation also did not require me to use any kind of tools. Aside from that, the lock box comes with protective padding that prevents it from scratching my door. It is also durable enough to keep out intruders from opening the lock box.
What I also love about the lock box is its affordable price. It has the same quality as other premium products, but at a much smaller price. It is also perfect for ensuring the security of the keys.
- Comes in a small body design and a color that fits the door
- Can accommodate & secure up to five small to standardized keys
- Installation does not require any tools
- Includes protective padding to prevent the lock from scratching the door
- Has an affordable price
- Little button for the setting the combination moves too easily
9. Kingsley Key Lock Box – Guard-a-Key
For heavy-duty use, I utilize the Kingsley Key Lock Box – Guard-a-Key. It is constructed with heavy-duty steel, aluminum, and zinc alloy. With these sturdy materials, burglars would find it difficult to saw, hammer, and pry the lock box.
The lock box has plenty of room for keys. It can accommodate up to five keys. I was amazed that it could even fit my keys attached to key chains. Also, the lock box is protected from heavy rain since it is covered with durable plastic.
When it comes to setting and resetting the codes, it is very straightforward. I just had to flip the lever inside, which is very convenient, especially when I am rushing. I can also change the code whenever I want to.
The lock box is also easy to install and the package comes with mounting hardware. I did not need to hire someone to install the lock box on the wall since I could do it by myself.
- Constructed with sturdy materials that withstand sawing, hammering, and prying
- Can accommodate up to five keys with keychains
- Covered with durable plastic against heavy rain
- Setting and resetting the codes are straightforward by flipping the lever inside
- Easy to install and comes with mounting hardware
- Keys fell off after opening the lock box
10. KeyGuard SL-590 Punch Button Key Storage
With its spacious room, the KeyGuard SL-590 Punch Button Key Storage can fit not only keys, but also business and credit cards. This is very useful, especially when one of my children needs to use my credit card. I can leave it inside the lock box if I cannot go home on time.
The code is also easy to enter because I don’t have to turn the dials. All I needed to do was to press the buttons on its phone-style keypad. I have poor eyesight, so turning dials sometimes doesn’t work for me.
Moreover, the lock box can hardly be noticed because the keypad is hidden by a small front door. From afar, it looks like an ordinary box. Also, its vault is coated with ABS plastic, and there’s a metal frame to prevent it from making scratches to other surfaces.
The good thing about this lock box is that it prevents me from being locked out, especially if someone tried to change the combination without informing me. The key lock box won’t close if the right combination has not been entered.
- Has a spacious room that can fit business and credit cards
- Includes phone-style keypad for easier entering of the code
- Keypad is hidden by a small door so that it can hardly be noticed
- Vault coated with ABS plastic; a metal frame to prevent it making scratches
- Lock box would not close unless the correct combination is entered
- Cannot use the same digit more than once
What to Look for When Buying a Realtor Key Lock Box
You need to be wise in choosing the right realtor key lock box. Low-commercial grade lock boxes may endanger your valuables and waste your time and resources. To prevent this from happening, here are some of the features that you must take into consideration first so that you can choose the right lock box for yourself:
Capacity of the Lock.
If you are an Airbnb host or you have a real estate property for rent, you will need a lock box that has a large capacity. You can choose a lock box that can accommodate up to ten keys if you have a large number of guests or employees. If it is only for personal use, a compact lock box is enough. It usually fits up to five keys.
Durability of the Lock.
Most of the time, lock boxes don’t last long because they are not made of durable materials. Look for a lock box that is sturdy enough so that you can use it for a very long time. Also, if you intend it for outdoor use, make sure that it is waterproof or weatherproof so that it won’t easily rust and corrode.
Security of the Lock.
Never compromise when it comes to the security of the lock. It must withstand methods such as prying, sawing, hammering, and drilling. As much as possible, look for a lock box that has an alarm and lockout mode. Also, choose a lock that is not easy to notice and camouflage with the wall.
Convenience of the Lock.
The lock box must be easy to install so you don’t have to waste much time. In addition to that, setting and changing the code must be straightforward. If you are an Airbnb host, you can pick lock boxes that can send codes to your guests for your convenience.
What Kind of Locks Do Realtors Use
There are two kinds of locks that realtors commonly use. One of these is a basic lock box that has a push-button lock or spin-dial combination. Typically, the dials or buttons have numbers or letters. The other one is an electronic lock box. The agents can have access to the lock box through Bluetooth.
What is the Code to Open a Realtor Lock Box
Real estate agents are given electronic key cards so that they can open the lock box. They are also granted a passcode which they enter into the lock box once they have inserted their electronic key cards.
Can You Break Into a Realtor Lock Box
Unfortunately, intruders can break into a realtor lock box by prying, hammering, sawing, and drilling. However, there are lock boxes that are sturdy and secure enough to withstand these kinds of methods.
It is easy to own the best realtor key lock box if you know the features that you must look for. You don’t have to compromise your security and convenience for a low-quality lock. To prevent this from happening, evaluate each realtor key lock box and pick the one that can serve you best.
I am the last member to join Revolar and might be just the luckiest to work with dedicated people like Teddy and John. Our team has established a process where my only job is writing the best content to deliver incredible ideas and guides.