Open Job Req: UX/UI Designer
UI/UX Designer at Revolar
At Revolar, our mission is to help people live the life they want knowing that help is at their fingertips. We believe in building empowering technology that gives people the confidence to go have fun, meet new people, and enjoy amazing experiences while feeling safe and protected.
To date, Revolar has received more than 3 million dollars in funding, including a Series A investment from the Foundry Group — investors in FitBit, Sphero, and Rover. The product has also been featured across the web and on ABC’s The View.
Position Overview: Revolar is looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to constantly enhance our customer engagement and satisfaction across all touchpoints of the Revolar customer experience.
- Collaborative design partner in iterative product development cycle from discovery to delivery, translating ideas and business requirements into pragmatic and effective product solutions that balance both user and business needs
- Design, execute and analyze qualitative and quantitative studies; recognize and communicate trends in large amounts of user and stakeholder data and ability to communicate to Product Managers, other designers, business stakeholders, and developers.
- Lead discovery and framing exercises for the ideation and concepting phases of product development, including mind-mapping, user flows, persona creation, journey maps, etc.
- Design intuitive, user-friendly solutions for iOS, Android, and web apps; correctly defining and implementing HIG and Material Design standards
- Experience in Information Architecture best practices and implementation
- Communicate regularly with front and back-end developers in order to correctly define scope, problem solve, and iterate designs
- Produce deliverables that convey user and stakeholder needs including logic maps, user flows, sketches, wireframes, mockups, live style guides, and assets
- Effectively incorporate interactions of industrial product (hardware and firmware) with UI for native and web applications
- Apply and utilize human-centered design techniques in order to provide modern, clean, and usable designs; quick implementation of design iterations based on usability testing, QA, and product roadmap goals; correctly and quickly create and export assets
- Communicate limitations, scope, and timeframes associated with native application iteration and feature creation.
- Help establish best practices, documentation, and standards that will support sustainable, successful growth of the design team and maintain innovation velocity
- Anticipated 70/30 split of UI/UX work
- BA degree and/or equivalent work experience in interaction design, visual design, product design, web design, and/or graphic design
- 2+ years in utilization of true iOS and Android standard design guidelines (strong HIG and Material Design examples in portfolio)
- 2+ years experience in mind mapping, logic maps, cognitive recognition, user flows, and other human-centered design techniques
- 5+ years working with common design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Marvel, Zeplin, etc.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum and Stage Gate development process
- Strong portfolio of modern native app (iOS and Android) examples
- Web app, dashboard, and e-commerce design and interaction experience a plus
- Hardware/firmware integration with software a plus
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a diverse, cross-functional team doing product development
- Excellent active listening, problem-solving, analytical, organizational, and time management skills, especially in Agile Stage Gate startup environment
- Strong verbal/written communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Enthusiastic to develop innovative technology for positive social change
- Join incredible team that values: Education, Empathy, and Transparency
- We love having our team in Denver. Compensation is provided to make that process easier.
- Open vacation policy (Unlimited PTO)
- Full benefits (Dental and Vision included)
- Company happy hours are optional, but encouraged