Open Job Req: Product Manager
At Revolar, our mission is to help people live the life they want knowing that help is at their fingertips. We believe in building empowering technology that gives people the confidence to go have fun, meet new people, and enjoy amazing experiences while feeling safe and protected.
To date, Revolar has received more than 3 million dollars in funding, including an investment from the Foundry Group — investors in FitBit, Sphero, and Rover. The product has also been featured across the web and on ABC’s The View.
As part of the Revolar Product Team, you will be developing innovative technology in a fast-paced, highly collaborative team environment. Your role will be to lead Android development of the Revolar app. We follow an Agile/Stage-Gate hybrid methodology to rapidly develop and deploy outstanding and compelling solutions for our customers.
The Product Manager leads the cross functional team through this process from conception, through development, prototype and iteration, and finally to product launch.
- Leads the cross functional product development team, including both business and technical resources, to develop and launch outstanding and compelling Revolar products and solutions
- Owns execution of all phases of the product development process
- Schedules regular meetings with the cross functional product development team to insure the projects achieve all key objectives and goals
- Lead regular evening check-in calls with partners in Asia
- Monitors project progress and deliverables across all key functions and team members to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget
- Proactively identifies risks and works with the team in a solutions-oriented mode to mitigate and recover as needed
- Collaborate with strategic suppliers and outsource partners to insure all deliverables and milestones are achieved on time
- Maintains all project documentation in a central shared repository including project schedules, PRDs, SOWs, POs, Business cases, etc.
- Works closely with the Product Director and business stakeholders regarding project timelines, progress, blockers and feedback
- Presents project updates at weekly project status reviews with CTO and monthly reviews with the executive leadership team
- Help establish best practices, documentation, and standards that will support sustainable, successful growth of the product team and maintain innovation velocity
- Continuous collaboration with Revolar team to identify and characterize technical + business opportunities and risks, and develop plans to capitalize or mitigate as appropriate
- 3+ year of product management experience
- Solid understanding of product development life cycle models, including agile and phase gate principles and practices; ability to apply these methods as needed to best fit project and business needs
- Join an incredible team that values: education, empathy, engagement, excellence all while enjoying life!
- Competitive salary and stock options in a company on a rapid growth trajectory
- Open vacation policy (unlimited paid time off and sick days)
- Full benefits (medical, dental, and vision included)
- Company happy hours are optional, but frequent and encouraged
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please attach a resume
- Please write a few sentences about yourself in your email and why you want to join Revolar in this role!