At Revolar, our mission is to help people live the life they want knowing that help is at their fingertips. We believe in building empowering technology that gives people the confidence to go have fun, meet new people, and enjoy amazing experiences while feeling safe and protected.
To date, Revolar has received more than 3 million dollars in funding, including an investment from the Foundry Group — investors in FitBit, Sphero, and Rover. The product has also been featured across the web and on ABC’s The View.
As part of the Revolar Product Team, you will be developing innovative technology in a fast-paced, highly collaborative team environment following an Agile/Stage-Gate hybrid methodology. You will be involved in many aspects of product development, ranging from helping evolve our existing architecture and working with teams to improve operations, to implementing new features and functionality, while leveraging TDD and pair programming throughout to produce the best solutions.
- Work with a diverse cross functional product development team, including both business and technical resources
- Pair program with other Backend Software engineers to deliver software solutions that are secure, scalable and reliable to support the safety of our customers
- Adhere to high quality standards and follow test driven development
- Works closely with the other developers and engineers in problem solving and coordinating activities to insure delivery of critical milestones and deliverables
- Collaborate with strategic suppliers and outsource partners to ensure all deliverables and milestones are achieved on time
- Participate in product development starting with understanding end-user requirements and formulating use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Help establish best practices, documentation, and standards that will support sustainable, successful growth of the product team and maintain innovation velocity
- Continuous collaboration with Revolar team to identify and characterize technical + business opportunities and risks, and develop plans to capitalize or mitigate as appropriate
- Rotational on-call support for major software and server incidents
- Completion of formal education in software engineering with 3+ years relevant work experience, or equivalent experience and expertise. Show us what you can do!
- Fluency in Java with experience in Spring Boot, SQL, Hibernate
- Solid understanding of API best practices and object oriented design
- Outstanding team and collaboration skills; ability to maintain a positive, can-do attitude while working in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal/written communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Enthusiastic to develop innovative technology for positive social change
- Excited to work with a diverse, passionate team and dig in outside the job description
- Experience with PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Cloud Foundry, AWS, Swagger
- Understanding principles of microservice architecture
- Functional programming and Streams (Java8)
- Experience evaluating real-time problems in software, defining resolution options, and prioritizing remediation
- Experience in security hardening and auditing a plus
- Join an incredible team that values: Education, Empathy, and Transparency
- We love having our team in Denver. Compensation is provided to make that process easier
- Open vacation policy (Unlimited PTO)
- Full benefits (Dental and Vision included)
- Company happy hours are optional, but encouraged
- Email email@example.com
- Please attach a resume
- Please write a few sentences about yourself in your email and why you want to join Revolar in this role!