Open Job Req: Android Software Engineer
At Revolar, our mission is to help people live the life they want knowing that help is at their fingertips. We believe in building empowering technology that gives people the confidence to go have fun, meet new people, and enjoy amazing experiences while feeling safe and protected.
To date, Revolar has received more than 3 million dollars in funding, including an investment from the Foundry Group — investors in FitBit, Sphero, and Rover. The product has also been featured across the web and on ABC’s The View.
As part of the Revolar Product Team, you will be developing innovative technology in a fast-paced, highly collaborative team environment. Your role will be to lead Android development of the Revolar app. We follow an Agile/Stage-Gate hybrid methodology to rapidly develop and deploy outstanding and compelling solutions for our customers, and leverage TDD and pair programming to insure the highest quality of solutions.
- Work with a diverse cross functional product development team, including both business and technical resources
- Pair program with other Android Software engineers
- Participate in code reviews
- Manage releases and Google Play Store
- Adhere to high quality standards and follow test driven development
- Works closely with the other developers and engineers in problem solving and coordinating activities to insure delivery of critical milestones and deliverables
- Collaborate with strategic suppliers and outsource partners to insure all deliverables and milestones are achieved on time
- Participate in product development starting with understanding end-user requirements and formulating use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solutions
- Help establish best practices, documentation, and standards that will support sustainable, successful growth of the product team and maintain innovation velocity
- Continuous collaboration with Revolar team to identify and characterize technical + business opportunities and risks, and develop plans to capitalize or mitigate as appropriate
- BS in Computer Science or similar experience
- 3+ years of Android development experience, including knowledge of Android version differences and compatibility
- Demonstrated understanding of Java and Android SDK, and developing against RESTful APIs
- Test driven development experience
- Outstanding team and collaboration skills; ability to maintain a positive, can-do attitude while working in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal/written communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Enthusiastic to develop innovative technology for positive social change
- Excited to work with a diverse, passionate team and dig in outside the job description
- Bonus: Experience interacting with BLE peripherals and pair programming
- Join an incredible team that values: education, empathy, engagement, excellence all while enjoying life!
- Competitive salary and stock options in a company on a rapid growth trajectory
- Open vacation policy (unlimited paid time off and sick days)
- Full benefits (medical, dental, and vision included)
- Company happy hours are optional, but frequent and encouraged
- Email email@example.com
- Please attach a resume
- Please write a few sentences about yourself in your email and why you want to join Revolar in this role!