Frequently Asked Questions About Revolar
- Can I use my Revolar wearable without a smartphone?
- What type of alerts and notifications can I send with my Revolar wearable?
- Are there any ongoing fees?
- Can I use my Revolar wearable while traveling internationally?
- What smartphones are compatible with the Revolar wearable?
- Does my Revolar wearable contact 911 or emergency services?
- What if I accidentally send an alert?
- Do I need to charge the Revolar wearable?
- Who is Revolar for?
- Does my Revolar wearable track my location all the time?
- When will my order arrive?
- What can I do if I'm having trouble pairing my Revolar wearable?
Answers to Revolar's Frequently Asked Questions
No, not at this time. Our first wearable connects to your smartphone so you never have to pay a monthly fee to send alerts to friends and family.
The Revolar wearable uses Bluetooth® low-energy technology to connect to the free Revolar app on your paired smartphone. To send an alert, the Revolar wearable needs to be within Bluetooth range (typically 30-50 feet) of a paired smartphone that has cellular service or a WiFi connection.
A Check-in, signaled by a single press, sends your one-time location to designated contacts via text and/or email.
A Yellow Alert, signaled by two rapid presses of the button, can indicate that you feel uncomfortable and would like to be contacted.
A Red Alert, signaled by three or more rapid presses, may indicate that you need immediate assistance.
For both types of alerts, your Revolar contacts will be notified via text and/or email that you have sent an alert, and they’ll be provided with your live location until the alert is canceled.
Revolar users and their designated contacts should define what actions the contacts should take in the event that they receive a Check-in, Yellow or Red Alert.
Nope! There are no ongoing fees associated with sending alerts friends and family using the Revolar wearable. Note that message and data rates may apply.
The Revolar wearable should work internationally as long as you’re within a coverage area provided by your smartphone carrier. Both data and Bluetooth must be enabled and functioning on the paired smartphone. View our operating parameters to make sure you are all set to take your wearable with you as you travel.
The Revolar wearable is compatible with the following smartphones:
- iPhone® models with iOS 9.0 or later
- Smartphones with Android™ 4.4 or later
Does my Revolar wearable contact 911 or emergency services?
At this time, Revolar does not call 911 or any other emergency service when a user sends an alert. Neither 911 nor any other emergency service should be listed as a Revolar contact.
Revolar provides a way for users to send an alert to up to five confirmed Revolar contacts selected by the user in the Revolar app.
There are a variety of reasons that Revolar alerts don’t contact 911 or emergency services directly. Two key reasons are that most 911 call centers can’t track cell phone location automatically and the caller needs to be able to answer the operator’s questions in order to get help, which might not be possible. That’s why our GPS alerts are sent to loved ones who can answer the operator’s questions and communicate the Revolar user’s location.
Revolar is designed to make the chances of an accidental alert as minimal as possible. A concave button and multi-press alert system makes false alerts rare. It also takes a bit of pressure and speed to press the button twice or more, similar to a mouse or trackpad.
In the event of an accidental alert, you can easily cancel the alert from the Revolar app. Your contacts will then be notified that you’ve canceled the alert. Please ensure that you’ve enabled notifications for the Revolar app.
Nope! The Revolar wearable uses a simple watch battery, which lasts 6 to 12 months depending on usage. It can be replaced with a coin cell CR2032 battery available at most hardware stores or online at Amazon.
Revolar can help provide peace of mind to:
- College students for campus safety
- Young professionals with active social lives
- Employees working night shifts
- Seniors living on their own or with medical conditions
- Real estate agents showing empty homes
- People with acute medical conditions
- And so many others!
This is just a short list of ways you and your loved ones can use Revolar wearables. Please note that Revolar wearables are not intended for children ages 13 and under.
Nope! Your Revolar wearable only tracks your location from the time an alert is sent to the time it’s canceled. When a Check-in is sent, designated contacts are provided with your one-time location.
With standard shipping, we estimate that orders shipped within the United States arrive within 2 to 8 business days and orders shipped to Canada arrive within 7 to 14 business days. Expedited shipping options are available during checkout. Orders take 1-2 business days to process and you'll receive tracking as soon as the shipment is on its way!
Here are some steps you can try:
- Try turning your Bluetooth connection off and back on. You can easily do this on an iPhone by sliding up on your screen to view the settings toolbar, or by swiping down on most Android phones.
- Using one of your accessory cases, open the battery door of the Revolar wearable device. Remove the battery and put it back in while ensuring the orange O-ring remains in the groove. The reinstall and lock the battery door.
- Make sure that your smartphone has a full charge and close any apps operating in the background that are not in use. It may also be helpful to turn off your phone and turn it back on.
When pairing, please be sure to press the button firmly in the center. It will take about 12-15 seconds to pair. If you’re still having trouble, please connect with our customer care team at firstname.lastname@example.org.