Ever felt lonely and there’s no one to talk to? Putting your emotions into words and writing them down might be the best thing for you. This way, you can relive the memories of the past when you grow old.
However, when you lock your diary without a lock, it might not stay private for long as other people can access and read your writing at home. Fortunately for you, there is a way on how to make a diary with a lock.
Step-by-Step to Make a Diary With a Lock
Making a homemade diary is fun and exciting. Before diving into the actual process, prepare the following materials first:
- A4 white paper
- Art paper (any color that you like)
- Glue gun
- Wallpaper with design
- Lock and key
Now that you have gathered the necessary materials, follow these steps to make cool diaries with locks:
- Position your paper in a portrait manner and fold it horizontally. Make sure there are equal amounts of space on both sides of the fold.
- With your scissors, cut the folded part of the paper.
- Take both of the pieces and fold them in half. Again, there should be equal spaces on both sides of the fold.
- Cut the folded sides of both pieces of paper to create four pieces of paper.
- Take the four pieces of paper and fold them together. These will serve as your pages for the diary.
- Note: If the pages are not enough for you, you can make more by following the previous steps.
- Get a stapler and staple the middle section or the spine of the diary.
- Get an art paper (any color that you like) and fold it around the pages.
- Note: make sure the art paper is the same size as the pages.
- Take your glue gun and smother glue on the inside of the art paper.
- Stick your pages to the glued side of the art paper. Make sure to press on the paper to spread the glue.
- Take your glue gun again and smother glue on the other side of the pages.
- Stick the unglued side of your art paper to the glued area of the pages. Make sure to press on the paper to ensure adhesion.
- Take a wallpaper with design and glue it to two pieces of cardboard. The cardboard pieces should be only a bit bigger than the size of the pages.
- Take a paperclip and cut out the arch parts of the paperclip. You should have two arches.
- Put one arch on one side of the pages and glue it with your glue gun.
- Take the other arch and glue it on the other side of the pages. Both will serve as the hook to make a lock for your diary.
- Glue one side of the pages and stick the cardboard with wallpaper onto the glue.
- Flip the diary and glue the other cardboard. The pieces of cardboard will serve as the cover for your notebook.
- Take your lock and hook it into the paperclip arches, just like how to lock a book. You can also make a paper lock if you want.
This diary can be a locking diary for adults, not just for kids!
Having your own DIY diary lock is nice when you don’t want others to read the things that you have written. This will allow you to be more honest about your feelings when you express your thoughts and experiences in your writing journals with lock.
Knowing how to make a diary with a lock will not only save you money from buying cheap diaries with lock and key, but will also enhance your art skills and make your diary a little bit more personal. You can make more personal journals with locks and share them with your friends and family.
I am the last member to join Revolar and might be just the luckiest to work with dedicated people like Teddy and John. Our team has established a process where my only job is writing the best content to deliver incredible ideas and guides.