Lock boxes are typically used in businesses, institutions, and residential settings. This kind of lock is a convenient way to store your keys, fogs, or any small items, in a safe, discreet, and easy-to-access location.
However, sometimes they can be a little tricky to close. So, If you are looking for a quick guide on how to close a lock box, this article is for you.
In just a while, you will learn some tips and guides on how to do it if your Kidde lock box or your Master lock won’t close.
Table of Contents
Closing and Locking Your Lock Box With Hanging Shackle
Safe key lock boxes come in two varieties; it’s either wall-mounted or removable shackle-style mount. To close Kidde lock box, Master lock box, or similar safe key lock boxes with hanging shackles, follow the procedure below before you proceed.
- Step 1: Put the shackle around the door knob or door handles.
- Step 2:Push the shackle back into the lock’s body until it clicks; then pull on the shackle to make sure that it is securely locked.
- Step 3: Proceed with the following steps, depending on the lockbox type you have.
Close a Lock Box With a Keypad
If you are using a lock box with keypads or push-button lock, follow the procedure below.
- Step 1: ress down the CLEAR button. The Clear button is the small rectangular button located at the bottom of your lock box; in some models, it is labeled with “C.”
Hold the button from the top, and press down to the bottom direction, as shown in this following video:
- Step 2: Enter the number combination of your lock box.
- Step 3: Press down and hold the OPEN button. The open button is the large rectangular button located at the top of your lock box. Press down the button from the top, following the direction of the arrow on the button.
- Step 4: While still holding the OPEN button, gently push the compartment door to close. Make sure that the latch is fully shut.
- Step 5: Release the OPEN button. If your lock box model comes with a protective cover, close it to hide the keypad from view and to protect your lockbox from extreme weather conditions.
Close a Lock Box With a Spin Dial
If you look for the right way to close a Master lock box with spin combo dials, here’re the steps to follow:
- Step 1: Close the compartment door of your lock box.
- Step 2: Jumble the combination spin dials to lock the door and conceal your combination.
The release button can still open the lock until you scramble the dials.
Always remember to slide up the shutter door (if your lock box model has one) to close the protective cover and conceal the dials from view. This is also to protect your lockbox from extreme weather conditions.
We might encounter a lock key box stuck or sometimes our Master lock won’t close as it normally does. If this happens to you, don’t panic or take drastic measures that could damage the lock mechanism.
Try these simple steps that you can take to make sure that this doesn’t happen again.
- Make sure that you have the correct access code.
- If you’re using a keypad-type lock box, press down the CLEAR button before you key in your number combination. This is to ensure that your lock box is ready to accept your access codes.
- Check if the lock key box is level and that no keys are pressed or stuck.
- Ensure that the compartment door is closed all the way and no object is jamming the door.
- When you insert key in lock box, always use the anti-jam hook, whenever available, to hang your fobs and keys to prevent loose keys from jamming the door closed.
Safe key lock boxes secure small items and require a combination code to operate. However, a stuck lock key box poses frustration and problems, especially for users who are new to using this device.
Now that you know how to close a lock box, we hope that the procedures and tips can help you secure your belongings well.
I am the last member to join Revolar and might be just the luckiest to work with dedicated people like Teddy and John. Our team has established a process where my only job is writing the best content to deliver incredible ideas and guides.